At the Golden Globes last weekend you may have noticed the gorgeous voluminous hair on Games of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke. Celebrity hair stylist, Mark Townsend, was responsible for this fabulous look. He said, “I was so inspired by Emilia’s Proenza Schouler gown. The mix of embroideries looked like movement, so I wanted her hair to move beautifully as well.” . Below he gives a “How-To” on how to achieve Emilia’s voluminous locks, brought to you by the new Dove Oxygen line.
- I started by prepping her hair by adding a few drops of the NEW Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment in her damp hair and combed through. It is loaded with African macadamia oil which is so nourishing for the hair.
- Next, I sprayed the NEW Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray to the roots and blow dried with a round brush.
- Then, I took 3-inch sections of hair and wrapped each section around a 1 1/2inch curling iron. The large barrel creates bends in the hair instead of curls.
- When all the hair had been through the iron, I sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray all over to give the hair great texture.
- I finished by taking a few more drops of the new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment in my hands and then raked it through her hair to give the hair tons of shine without weighing it down.